Woodbridge Family Eye Care provides eye care health, which includes general eye care examinations, diagnosis of diseases, and disorders of the visual system. Examining the internal and external structure of the eyes is done to diagnose eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal disorders; systemic diseases like hypertension and diabetes; and vision conditions like nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
Comprehensive exams include testing to determine the patient’s ability to focus and coordinate the eyes, and to judge depth and see colors accurately. Once the exam has been completed, fittings for new frames and/or lenses are made if necessary or prescriptions for contact lenses and low vision aids are written. Woodbridge Family Eye Care can make referrals to appropriate eye specialists for more high profile diagnosis if needed.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our experienced optometrist can diagnose and treat eye diseases and identify general eye health problems including diabetes, anemia, high blood pressure, and others. We can also test for and fit specialty eyewear for sports, occupations, other activities and hobbies, and safety glasses.
Woodbridge Family Eye Care can provide a wide range of services including the following:
- Examine eyes for health and vision problems
- Diagnose of eye disease
- Detect and identify general health problems manifested in the eye (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, etc.)
- Diagnose glaucoma
- Prescribe glasses or other devices for specialized vision needs such as hunting, computer work, playing piano, etc.
- Work with children, athletes, in need to improve vision performance in school or sports
- Work with schools and community groups on vision screening, career days, programs on eye care, etc.
- Work with parents and educators and parents to enhance the learning potential of preschoolers and students and to inform parents of the importance of preventive eye and vision care
- Frame Repairs
Our Focus is On You
John Schlafley and the entire Woodbridge Family Eye Care staff take the sincerest pleasure in taking part in your family’s eye care needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care possible and helping our patients make the right decisions about their eyewear without pressuring them into purchasing unnecessary options.